Dear friends, this article will show you how to join our online class using the free Zoom app. It is a simple process, explained step by step.
1. Download Zoom software or app first. You can either use a laptop or your phone to watch our classes. Make sure to plugin your earphones for maximum voice clarity.
For Windows: Zoom Client for Meetings
For Android Phones: ZOOM Cloud Meetings
2. After you install the software/app, you will have to click on the meeting invite we send you via Email or WhatsApp.
3. After clicking the link you will have to select Zoom app and fill out your Name (exactly as registered with us during admission).
Set links to open with Zoom app by default - do not use any browsers. If you did select any browser by mistake and set it to default then please learn how to reset your default app here: Resetting Default Apps on your Samsung Phone (Works on any android device)
Enter your name exactly as it is on our admission records or else the meeting Admin will not let you in. Please enter your full name including First, Second (if present) and Last names.
This is what the classroom interface will look like on the Zoom mobile app. You will be on mute by default. If you wish to speak, you will have to raise your hand by clicking the 'raise hand' button on the app (and not by physically raising your actual hand!). Please see below:
Please use the 'raise hand' function sparingly and only when you have a valid question or doubt. Soon after you raise your hand, the class Admin will unmute you and you should be able to talk to your teacher.
On laptops simply download the Zoom installer and install it. If you have installed the Zoom app previously, it will automatically redirect to the meeting joining screen. See the 3 images below for more clarity:
We would recommend that you use 'remember my name' for further sessions.
If you are on a slow internet connection please join without video or else you could face difficulties streaming live video.
On laptops, our class will look like this:
Please note that you are advised to join the class 30 minutes before the actual class timing. When you join before the actual class timings you will be taken to the Zoom meeting lobby and you should see this screen:
Do not worry, our class Admin will let you in as soon as your Name is verified.
Before we go, take a look at these 3 brief do's and don'ts for the Drishti online classes:
1. Use your name exactly as it appears in our records.
2. Raise hand only when you have a valid question or doubt.
3. For maintaining security of your computer/mobile, do not share your Zoom meeting details sent by us, with anyone.
If you need further support please leave a message under this article. Good luck with your preparation!
Team Drishti IAS - English